- Knowledge of anatomy?
- Expertise at headstand?
- Yoga Alliance accreditation?
- Repeated visits to India and every ashrams?
- Zero size body?
- Holy Yatras?
- Ability to create something new, Like a new religion, new racism like vegan, new ropes…Knowledge of Vedas, Thirumanthiram, Yoga Sutras, Hatha yoga Pradipika…?
What if I said none of the above?
Yes, some of the points are highly irrelevant, some of the points in the list are optional, and not the core essentials of becoming a Yoga Teacher. –
As per my realisation.
To become a Yoga Teacher one must know how to be a YOGA STUDENT First and the Second is THE LOVE for SHARING to the NEEDY (with a fee or without a fee but definitely not robing his/ her properties). Yes, at least 40% of the student in you has to be awake even when teaching. The Yoga Student has to have some essential qualities, which have nothing to do with the list above.
A true Yoga Student is!!
- Sincerely Disciplined & Committed to Sadhana (self-practice)
- Strong belief in the process of Yoga.
- Is receptive, ready, vulnerable to life experiences.
- Understands Yoga as a pursuit of Self-mastery – Honors the culture and the predecessors who are just ahead in the path of yoga.
- -Ability to learn from the small and simple things happening around and inside ( Every sensation can be a learning)
Only when the Yoga Student has a well-rounded approach to the process and practice of Yoga he/she can be an efficient channel of transmission and inspiration.