One does not breath through both nostrils simultaneously except for a very brief period during the day.
When one nostril is dominant, the other is recessive.
Breath may be changed from one nostril to other by lying down on the side of the operating nostril with the pillow under the rib ribcage.
When right nostril dominates the, the body chemistry is predominantly acidic, more inner heat is produced, the nostril should never be used for meditation, urination or drinking liquids.
When left nostril dominates the, the body chemistry is predominantly alkaline, the nostril cools the body and never be used for eating, bathing, defecating
AUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES FOR RIGHT NOSTRIL FLOW/PINGALA/LEFT SIDE OF THE BRAIN:
- Physical activity and hard work
- Eating, evacuating the bowels
- Risky and heroic feats, and challenging ventures
- Shatkarma, kunyal rkiya (stomach washing by drinking and vomiting salty water)
- Intellectual study, mathematics
- Buying, selling, commerce
- Presenting in public, addressing an audience
- Opposition, resistance, debating
- Riding horse bikes, or motor cycles, or adrenaline expelling ventures
- For men to attract women
AUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES FOR LEFT NOSTRIL FLOW/PINGALA/RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN:
- Drinking water or urinating
- Getting out of bed
- Calm and silent work, especially if it requires mental creativity
- Purchasing jewelry
- charity and helping others
- Settling disagreements
- Approaching those in senior positions
- Religious practices, ceremonies, marriage and initiations of any sort
- Mantra practice
- Long journeys
- Meeting a guru
- Sowing seeds
- Anything to do with medicine and treatment of diseases
- Singing, playing, composing or listening to music
- For women, participating in sexual relations